Saturday, January 30, 2010

Junya's Got Swagger


I first fell in love with Junya Watanabe when I saw his collaboration with Comme de Garcons at Fred Segal, when i first moved to LA in October.  I pined over the beautiful military and hunting jackets- imagine nylon camoflauge tailored impeccably as a blazer  For his Fall 2010 collection for his own line, I did a double-take again.  Not that it was necessarily out of this world, but this student of Comme de Garcons's, Rei Kawakubu, struck on note on his tailoring of some subtle yet seriously fabulous suiting.  Junya also puts in his Japanese hipster influences in his collections, which gives some of the suiting a bit of a New Yorker living in Tokyo feel.  As someone that has to wear suiting almost everyday, this is definitely a collection I see my self stepping out in.



No comments:

Post a Comment